May 6, 2022
*Deadline Extended to May 6*
SAFSF is accepting nominations for two positions on the Board of Directors for three-year terms beginning on June 1, 2022.
The Board seeks candidates who will help ensure a diversity of perspectives representing gender, geographic location, life experience, political ideology, professional skills, and race, culture, ethnicity, and organization size and type. We are also expressly seeking individuals with interests in financial management and development. We are only able to have two nonmembers serving on the board and both of these slots are already filled. The two open positions must be filled by members of SAFSF.
Qualified candidates must be:
- Members of the board or staff of a grantmaking or investing organization active in sustainable agriculture and/or food systems philanthropy; and
- Committed to uphold and lead with SAFSF’s core values: Collaboration, Equity, Respect, Stewardship, Integrity, and in accordance with the SAFSF Commitment to Racial Justice.
- Familiar with SAFSF through previous experience on an SAFSF committee or active engagement by participating in our events, cohorts, or programming.
- Prepared to engage on an active board. Expectations include:
- Participation in quarterly meetings, 2022 dates include:
- Tuesday, August 16 | Board Meeting at 12:00 – 1:30pm PT / 1:00 – 2:30pm MT / 2:00 – 3:30pm CT / 3:00 – 4:30pm ET (virtual)
- Wednesday, October 26 – Friday, October 28 | Board Retreat at Location TBD (In Person)
- Thursday, December 8 | Board Meeting at 11:00am – 12:30pm PT / 12:00 – 1:30pm MT / 1:00 – 2:30pm CT / 2:00 – 3:30pm ET (virtual)
- Participation on a sub-committee of the Board (see full list on website)
- Attendance at the Annual Forum
Timeline for the nomination process:
- May 6 | Applications due
- May 9-20 | Nominating Committee review period
- May 23 | Outreach to nominees
- May 23-June 3 | 30-minute interviews with selected nominees
- June 6-10 | Final nominee(s) recommended to the Board
- June 15 | Board of Directors vote on approval of nomination slate
- June 17 | Approved nominees notified
- June 1 | New Director(s) term start date (retroactive)
Self-nomination or nominations of other qualified candidates are welcome. This form provides complete contact information for the nominee, nominator (if applicable), background questions, and a statement of interest describing why the nominee would make a great SAFSF Director.
This form must be submitted no later than Friday, May 6, 2022. Questions about the nomination process should be directed to Stacy Nwokochah at [email protected].
Please consider nominating yourself or a funder colleague to bring your perspective, expertise, and energy to the work of SAFSF!