Application Deadline: Open until filled.
The Data and Administrative Assistant position provides critical support in relation to maintaining accurate and up to date information, with a strong focus on data stored in Salesforce CRM. This role will provide direct support to the operations team. Other administrative responsibilities performed are essential to maintaining a smooth and efficiently functioning office. The successful candidate must understand the critical importance of support roles and be energized by knowing that they are contributing to the collective success of the organization.
All SAFSF employees work remotely; candidates may live anywhere within California.
Hours: 16 hours per week completed in two, 8-hr days on either Mon/Tue schedule or Mon/Wed schedule.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new records in Salesforce CRM database with all appropriate information and related data
- Monitor incoming requests and perform updates/clean up as needed on existing records in Salesforce
- Review changes, as directed by the operations staff, to ensure data accuracy
- Make updates to mailing lists through Salesforce integration to Mailchimp, communication groups in listserv, and committee access to Google Groups
- Download and store backups from key technology systems
- Maintain accurate records in project management software
- Create, store, and send PDF requests for invoices and receipts
- Create, update, and archive email templates stored in Salesforce
- File grant correspondences to appropriate cloud document storage folder and Salesforce related financial record
- Assist operations staff with financial tracking tasks related to settling receipts, initiating invoice process, and sending payment acknowledgements or reminders
- Other tasks as needed to support other projects and events
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with database or CRM data input
- Ability to work efficiently through many tasks without losing accuracy
- Interest in data management through use of online software systems
- Fast learner, picks up new information quickly especially as its related to using new online systems
- Belief that accuracy of data is critical to organizational functions
- Appreciation for the importance of support roles
Additional Preferred Skills / Qualifications
- Experience with Salesforce
- Familiarity with tasks assignments and communication using project management software
Basic Work Requirements
Fluency in English. Familiarity with common computer-based tools such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Workspace (docs, sheets, slides, calendar); email; and websites.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time, non-exempt remote position with a starting pay of $20-$24 per hour. Paid holidays if the holiday falls on or is observed on a regularly scheduled workday. SAFSF has an entirely remote workforce.
Application and Hiring Process
All interested applicants must apply online at tfaforms.com/4929569. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume (combined as a single PDF file) to apply. The cover letter should address the following questions:
- What relevant experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?
- What is the importance of database management for organizational function and why does accurate data matter?
SAFSF is committed to transparency and aims to minimize the stress and uncertainty of our application and hiring process. We also seek to minimize bias and the impact of structural discrimination within our hiring practices. We focus first on relevant work skills, along with both professional and lived experience. We are seeking a diverse pool of candidates and are using processes that help to mitigate unconscious biases.
To this end, the application form will ask candidates to voluntarily disclose demographic information, which will not be visible to the members of the hiring committee. Voluntarily providing demographic information helps SAFSF assess the diversity of our applicant pool throughout the hiring process.
Applicants who move forward through the hiring process will be asked to participate in a video interview which will include a skills assessment. Applicants will be notified if/as they are selected for an interview.
Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems Funders (SAFSF) is a philanthropy-serving organization (PSO) that amplifies the impact of philanthropic and investment communities in support of just and sustainable food and agriculture systems. Established in the late 1990s and staffed since 2003, SAFSF has evolved into a vibrant network of approximately 100 organizational members from the philanthropic and investment sectors whose work spans a broad range of issues and strategies as well as a wide geographic range—domestic and international. Our vision is that all resources invested in food and agriculture systems enhance our collective wellbeing. Our core values of collaboration, equity, respect, stewardship, and integrity drive our organization on a daily basis. We use these values to guide our decision-making process in all our work, from developing programs and hiring new staff to choosing caterers, vendors, and venues.
SAFSF recognizes that a diversity of perspectives, lived experiences, and professional and personal skills among our staff, leadership, and membership is critical to our success as an organization. We are a dynamic organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork based on mutual respect.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAFSF is a 501(c)(3) public charity that is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each of us to realize our potential. SAFSF’s work environment is open to all people, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.