- This event has passed.
Honoring Silent Spring: Stories from the Frontlines of the Fight for a Pesticide-Free Future
October 25, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
Sixty years ago, Rachel Carson released her seminal book, Silent Spring, whose publication gave birth to the EPA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and sparked the ban on the toxic insecticide DDT and the movement for organic agriculture. Six decades on, the threats Carson warned about are still very real, as pesticide use continues to decimate ecosystems and our bodies, leading to an untold number of cancers, neurological disorders, premature deaths, and reproductive problems. Today, we know another devastating cost: the grave consequences of pesticides, like all the petrochemicals, on our climate.
In this engaging webinar, we’ll hear about what’s at stake and what we can do about it. This webinar is for everyone eager to learn, get inspired, and take action to carry on the legacy of Silent Spring.
- Moderator: Anna Lappé, author and advocate, Panta Rhea Foundation / Real Food Media
- Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) (invited)
- Angel Garcia, co-director, Californians for Pesticide Reform
- Carey Gillam, journalist and author, The Monsanto Papers
- Kendra Klein, deputy director of science, Friends of the Earth
- George Naylor, organic farmer and member of the boards of Family Farm Defenders & the Center for Food Safety
Sponsored by Real Food Media and Friends of the Earth
Co-Sponsored by SAFSF and 37 other organizations and funder networks.