State Policy in Focus: 2023 Legislative Landscape with NCSL
February 8, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 11:15 am PST
From bolstering local food systems, regulating agricultural chemicals, to expanding farmers’ access to land, state legislatures have a significant role in incorporating sustainability and equity into the laws and policies that govern the U.S. food and agriculture systems.
In this webinar, experts at the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), a bipartisan organization serving legislators and legislative staff in America’s 50 states and territories, will provide an overview of state legislative structures, state policy engagement opportunities, and the agriculture issues that will continue to drive state policy work in 2023.
You will leave this webinar with a greater understanding of:
- The state legislative process;
- 2022 state legislature election results;
- How states are spending funding allocated in the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) with respect to agriculture, including local and regional food systems; and
- How state legislatures are developing policy on issues including but not limited to local food systems, water, soil health, and agriculture chemicals.
- Mindy Bridges, Project Manager, Environment, Energy & Transportation Program at National Conference of State Legislatures
- Emily Maher, Project Manager, Fiscal Affairs Program, at National Conference of State Legislatures
This is a free, funder-only event. Registration is required.