- This event has passed.
Why Farm Bill and Agriculture Policy Matter for Climate
December 15, 2022 @ 9:00 am
Please join Climate and Energy Funders Group (CEFG) and Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems Funders (SAFSF) for a webinar focused on the opportunities and threats for addressing climate change through agriculture, specifically the Farm Bill which will be up for authorization in 2023.
Speakers will offer a “Farm Bill 101” as it relates to climate, including why climate funders should care about the farm bill, and key climate-related provisions. Speakers will also address farm bill timing, process, and key players, as well as the possibility of bringing farmers more productively into the climate and clean energy space.
You will leave this webinar with a greater understanding of:
- the upcoming 2023 Farm Bill and why it matters;
- key farm bill provisions related to climate goals;
- hurdles and strategic opportunities in the farm bill;
- the role of IRA funding for conservation to address climate; and
- new possibilities for how to work with farmers and bring them into climate solutions.